Rich Creamy Hot Cocoa
This is my absolute, all-time favorite hot cocoa recipe. It’s really simple to make for individual services, so go ahead and sneak your own cup after the kids are in bed. It’s your time now.
The most important part of this recipe is the cocoa powder. I discovered this particular cocoa powder when I needed some Dutch Processed cocoa for a cookie recipe. I couldn’t, for the life of me, find Dutch processed cocoa anywhere in the stores. So, I turned to Amazon for something I could get delivered quickly.
The Dorval Dutch Processed cocoa makes the most delicious hot cocoa. If you know of something different, I’d love to try it, but for now – this is it.
- 1 tbsp Dorval Dutch Processed cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Stir cocoa powder and sugar together in microwave safe cup/mug
- Add heavy cream and stir to form a paste
- Microwave milk separately for 1.5 min (remove before it boils)
- Slowly pour hot milk into cup with chocolate mixture while stirring
- Keep stirring until well combined and you no longer see clumps
- Drink while still warm (not too hot!)
You can use another Dutch-processed cocoa for this recipe, but the Dorval is what really makes this hot cocoa special.