There are times in our lives when it can seem nearly impossible to get through the day, especially in the past few years. Everyone seems to be leading stressful, busy lives and rarely takes time for themselves, which can be hard on emotions and mindset.
When you are feeling down or a little off, it can often help to repeat a motivational affirmation to yourself to give you a tiny reminder of who you are and where you are headed in life.
A few simple words on a post-it note or a short phrase you say over and over every morning before you get out of bed can really make a difference in not just your day but your life.
Motivational Affirmations for Starting Your Day
1. I woke up with the sun, and it’s going to be a great day.
2. Today I am going to choose to smile.
3. Each day I wake up, I will be thankful for the life I live.
4. I will not let anyone impact my good mood.
5. I control my mood and how I will spend this day.
6. I will embrace what I cannot control.
7. Early to rise makes me healthy and wise.
8. I can’t wait to see what the world offers me today.
9. Today is going to be the best day of my life.
10. I will focus and do what matters at the moment.
11. I set the pace for my day, for my life.
12. No surprises can stop me today, and I am ready for anything.
13. I will take each day as they come and strive to do better every time.
14. Today I will let inspiration take hold and guide me.
15. I plan on being a little more creative today.
16. Life is full of choices today I plan to make the best ones.
17. I am going to have a great day because I said so.
18. No one else can make me successful today.
19. The only person I need to be better than today was the me from yesterday.
20. My biggest dreams will come to fruition depending on my actions today.
21. Today is the start of something fabulous.
22. I cannot predict the future but can determine how I will spend today.
23. I will reach my goals for today and every other day for the rest of my life.
24. I woke up regenerated, renewed, and ready for anything.
25. I will take on the day with all the strength I have mentally, physically, and emotionally.
26. I can accomplish anything I work hard enough for.
27. A good night’s sleep means a long day of pure energy to handle any task.
28. I woke to a rainy day, and I feel like dancing.
29. I am putting my makeup on and doing my hair because I want to.
30. I am alive; I feel alive, I feel inspired
31. I will wear whatever I want and feel fantastic all-day.
32. I am going to start my day off with a healthy breakfast so my body will be strong.
33. I know I can tackle any challenge the day brings.
34. I am strong; I am powerful, I will make this day the best day yet
35. Today is going to start my newer happier life.
36. I can’t spend my day sad if I start it with a smile.
37. My life is great, and I today will be too.
38. There is nowhere I’d rather be than where I am standing today.
Motivational Affirmations for Dealing with Stress
39. I can handle any stressful situation with a clear and open mind.
40. I am a powerful person who is strong mentally, physically, and emotionally.
41. I can get through this; I just have to breath.
42. Nothing can be bad enough to make me powerless.
43. I am not stuck here; I can move in a different direction.
44. I believe I can be free from negative feelings.
45. I am the only one who can control my thoughts.
46. I am aligned with my inner strength.
47. I’m am stronger than I have been acting; I can and will do better.
48. I can handle this; I am a worrier.
49. It’s just a moment in time; it will pass.
50. I’m better than what I have let myself become.
51. Just because I feel stuck doesn’t mean I am.
52. I am the only one who can change the way I am feeling today.
53. This feeling is just temporary; it won’t last.
54. I am worthy of feeling relaxed.
55. I control my body and feel no one else.
56. I am not a superhero, I have no superpowers, I don’t have to do everything, but I will do as much as possible.
57. Things get tough each day, but so do I
58. I am going to rise from these anxious feelings and push ahead.
59. Mistakes only make room for growth.
60. Stress comes with the job; I am great at the job
61. I can deal with the uncertainty because I am amazing.
62. I can be anxious and still get the job done.
63. I can do even the hardest things.
64. Breathing deep can get me to my goals.
65. Staying strong and moving forward isn’t as hard as I think.
66. I can let go of all the feelings that don’t serve my purpose.
67. Worrying will not help the situation.
68. I am safe, and I have support.
69. I will take a quick step back and a deep breath of fresh air to calm my nerves.
70. I am grounded and surrounded by people who are here to help me through.
71. I am resilient, and I will survive.
72. My imperfections are a part of me, but they don’t define me.
73. I won’t spend any more time wasted on yesterday’s problems.
74. I will be happy to accept peace over my idea of perfection.
75. I inhale happiness and exhale stress and anxiety.
76. I choose to expand my energy on happiness and pride, not failure or mistakes.
77. Even if I am nervous, I will show up.
Motivational Affirmations When You’re Are Feeling Down
78. I will be okay.
79. Who I am, IS enough.
80. I have the power to change my life.
81. I live in the present moment; I won’t wallow in the past.
82. Today I choose happiness.
83. I am worthy of good things.
84. There is nothing that can bring me down today.
85. I cannot control what is happening around me, just how I handle the situation.
86. The more I bare, the stronger I will be for it.
87. I am just as good as everyone else.
88. I will pull myself from these negative feelings and be a better person for it.
89. I will free myself from fear of the unknown.
90. I am capable of being loved and cherished.
91. Depression is just a symptom.
92. I am worthy no matter what mistakes I have made.
93. My struggles are opportunities to grow.
94. I am exactly where I am meant to be.
95. I am happy being me.
96. Things are not as bad as I think; I will be okay.
97. It is okay to cry; it’s okay to be sad, the feelings will pass.
98. I will stop overthinking things.
99. I know who I am, and I am amazing.
100. My happiness is more important.
101. I will not worry about the things I cannot control.
102. I cannot control people around me, so I will only concentrate on myself.
103. My worthiness isn’t related directly to my achievements or my failures.
104. I have an amazing life, and I choose to live it with a smile.
105. I am doing the best I can with what I have, and that is more than enough.
106. I own my own power; I embrace my own strength, I will be okay.
107. I deserve to be happy.
108. I choose to turn every negative situation into a positive experience.
109. As long as I have a life to live, I will live it to the fullest.
110. I am beautiful.
111. Life is beautiful.
112. Why cry over something I cannot change? I will do better today.
113. I am capable of handling just about anything that comes my way.
114. You can go to sleep on a bad day and wake up to a good one.
115. Time heals; allow yourself to start the process.
Motivational Affirmations When You are Working Out
116. My body is my temple.
117. I am worth feeling my best.
118. My body deserves this.
119. I deserve to feel better.
120. I am strong enough.
121. I have more power than I am giving myself credit for.
122. I am a powerful being that was made for greatness.
123. Hard work pays off.
124. Take the time and reap the rewards.
125. No one ever regretted going to the gym.
126. One more mile, One more mile.
127. If you wait for tomorrow, you may end up waiting a lifetime.
128. You are too strong and important to give up.
129. Rest and recuperation is key to healing the soul.
130. Keep breathing, fight the pain; it will make you stronger.
131. Go for the gold; you can do it
132. The harder you push, the stronger you will be.
133. I can get through anything; I am a worrier.
134. A healthy body leads to a healthy soul.
135. Exercise provides you with energy to enjoy life.
136. Going for a run will free the mind.
137. The harder you try, the easier it will get.
138. The pain is temporary; the results are life-changing.
139. Never stop trying
140. Do this for you and no one else
141. You are worth the time, energy, and hard work.
142. You are going to thank yourself at the end.
143. Nothing is more important than being healthy.
144. I deserve to feel good in my own skin.
145. Never give up.
146. Nobody is perfect, but I want a body that is perfect for me.
147. Prove to yourself you have what it takes to succeed.
148. You have to walk before you can run.
149. Take your time; you will get there.
150. You deserve to feel alive and well.
151. You deserve to have a body you can be proud of.
152. Your sore muscles are proof you are capable of anything.
153. I will be the best version of myself.
Motivational Affirmations for Going to Work
154. I am here to be successful, not everyone’s best friend.
155. I can’t do it all, but I can do my best.
156. I am worth respect.
157. I work hard to prove myself.
158. I’m the only person who can control my emotions and cause me to have a bad day.
159. I am a great employee, and I will prove it.
160. The people I help rely on me, and I will do my best to help.
161. If I work hard, the only way to go is up.
162. Dress for success no matter your position.
163. If I smile, chances are good the people around me will too.
164. Life is too short to be unhappy at your job.
165. It is okay to take a break.
166. I respect my co-workers, and I demand respect from them.
167. I don’t have to talk to those I don’t like.
168. Not everyone will like me, and I am okay with that.
169. I will prove I am an irreplaceable asset to my company.
170. I can tackle any task with professionalism and pride.
171. I won’t be bullied into taking on more work than I can handle.
172. I am not less than anyone else in the office.
173. I can be anything I want to be.
174. I will get through my day, and I will be happy to be home.
175. I will maintain my professionalism no matter the situation.
176. The office mood will not affect my state of mind; I will stay positive.
177. I can do my job to the best of my ability.
178. I am capable of handling the good and the bad.
179. Everyone has bad days, and I need to move on.
180. I can’t control how others treat me, but I can control how I treat others.
181. Work like the boss is always watching.
182. Take pride in your job no matter how small you think it may be; everything you do helps someone.
183. I deserve a job that respects me.
184. Each day is going to be a little different be prepared for anything.
185. I don’t need approval from anyone but myself.
186. I don’t require a pat on the back to work hard and keep going.
187. There is nothing wrong with taking a mental health day.
188. I am great at my job, and I love it.
189. Some people are not worth the time.
190.I am heading off to the best job ever.
When things get tough, it can be hard to remember the good parts of life; making sure you always find a way to ground yourself will improve your mood and show a bad situation in a positive light.