There are endless affirmations out there that are all designed to help people achieve their dreams. However, “I am” affirmations are some of the most powerful because they refer the affirmations directly to the speaker.
They are inherently direct as one must position themself at the root of the statement. When you say, “I am smart” there is no way to misinterpret such a statement. This directness proves very effective with affirmations as it forces us to phrase the sentence in a matter-of-fact style. By saying the affirmation as though it were already true and with no room for doubt, you are giving the affirmation more power than you would be otherwise.
Thus, we’ve written several lists of “I am” affirmations. Each of the following lists has a specific intention to help you decide which ones are best for you. If you’ve come here today to build your self-confidence, many of these lists will help you. Or if you’ve sought out this article to stop being so negative then scroll on down to our positivity affirmations. Whatever you wish to work on, you will find something to help you with your journey below.
If you are new to the world of affirmations, do not fear! Affirmations are simple. They use the law of attraction to bring that which you affirm into your life. Essentially, you say a statement as though it was already true and present in your life, and in doing so, you cultivate that affirmation’s energy which attracts more of it, which attracts more of it, and the snowball effect continues.
Now, remember that the more you resonate with the affirmation you are reading out, the more powerful it will be. So, find the subtopics below that you can relate to and that perhaps, you need to work on in your life. Saying the affirmation authentically is one of the most important parts of the process.
It doesn’t matter where or when you recite your affirmations however, we suggest building a habit of it to keep up the momentum. Take them one at a time while sitting as you would to meditate or in your morning shower or on your commute to work. Wherever you can carve out the time to do your affirmation, do it! Taking the time to cultivate positive energy and find direction in your life is one of the highest forms of self-care so what are you waiting for?
I Am Affirmations for Women
Our first list is written specifically for women. Society is tough on women. Women are constantly berated by images of women who are meant to be the “perfect” women. But the truth is, there is no “perfect” woman. Every woman is beautiful, unique, and important. Though it can be extremely difficult to believe these things about yourself, you can learn to through affirmations.
Try out the following list which is full of affirmations that generally apply to women. Believe that you are an exceptional woman because the simple fact of the matter is that you are.
1. I am powerful.
2. I am confident in myself.
3. I am full of energy and self-love.
4. I am overflowing with kindness for myself.
5. I am strong.
6. I am kind.
7. I am in possession of all that I need to be successful.
8. I am worthy of living the life of my wildest dreams.
9. I am filled with trust in my instincts.
10. I am present right here and now.
11. I am ready to find joy in every aspect of my life.
12. I am ready to take on any challenge that comes my way.
13. I am willing to embrace change to become the person I want to be.
14. I am growing all the time.
15. I am learning to accept myself and to love myself because I understand how powerful those things are.
I Am Affirmations for Men
Men tend to turn to affirmations less than women. Perhaps this is because, again, society is hard on men when it comes to allowing emotions to show through. But everyone is filled with emotions and the more we can let those emotions out, so they don’t remain bottled up inside, the more we begin to heal and grow.
So, if you’ve come to this list to start affirming a better life for yourself, or to build up your self-esteem, or to learn to embrace who you are then the following list will get you started.
16. I am living authentically.
17. I am confident in who I am.
18. I am learning every single day.
19. I am in sync with my mind, spirit, and body.
20. I am trusting of the process, and I know I am heading in the right direction.
21. I am strong.
22. I am resourceful.
23. I am filled with positive energy.
24. I am able to express my emotions because doing so will help me move forward and grow.
25. I am in touch with my power.
26. I am ready to start living the life of my dreams.
27. I am learning to let go of the past.
28. I am capable of overcoming any obstacle that comes my way.
29. I am confident in my abilities.
30. I am a good person.
31. I am becoming the man I am destined to become.
I Am Positive Affirmations
Now, we have our list of positive affirmations which is one of the most important affirmation sections of all. By affirming positivity, we are attracting it into our lives. There is so much positivity floating around the universe that people seem to overlook. At the end of the day, it all comes down to our perception.
As cliché as the adage may be, we can choose to see the glass as half full or half empty. And if you’ve come to this list today then you’re choosing positivity and that alone will change your life.
32. I am ready to embrace positive emotions.
33. I am positive because I know positivity makes my life better.
34. I am prepared to relinquish negativity as it no longer serves me.
35. I am willing to open my heart to positivity.
36. I am learning how to be positive in even the toughest situations.
37. I am growing with each passing day.
38. I am considered a very positive person by everyone in my life.
39. I am ready to become a more positive person.
40. I am blessed with the natural ability to find a silver lining in everything.
41. I am allowed to feel sad, but I know the emotion will pass.
42. I am choosing to be positive because it makes me happier.
43. I am ready to look at life from a more positive angle.
44. I am learning to see positivity in even the hardest parts of my life.
45. I am choosing positivity over negativity because it serves me better to do so.
I Am Beautiful Affirmations
Again, society is tough on us. We are constantly being sold a million products to make us more beautiful. But the fact of the matter is that you can buy any product you want, and you won’t feel beautiful until you cultivate some self-love.
Self-love isn’t necessarily about looking in the mirror and thinking you are the hottest person on earth (though that can help!), it’s about seeing yourself from a place of love. Self-love means treating yourself as you would treat your best friend. Admire yourself simply for existing and you will notice your appearance change.
46. I am beautiful.
47. I am worthy.
48. I am letting go of any feelings of self-doubt.
49. I am letting go of my self-criticism as it no longer serves me.
50. I am ready to love myself.
51. I am a beautiful person because I am a good person.
52. I am beautiful in my mind, body, and spirit.
53. I am generally thought of as a truly beautiful human.
54. People tell me I am beautiful constantly.
55. I am willing to see myself as beautiful even if it is difficult at first.
I Am Worthy Affirmations
I am worthy affirmations follow a similar structure to I am beautiful affirmations in that they are meant to strengthen self-love and self-compassion. You are worthy of everything you desire. Ultimately, the only person standing in the way of you achieving your wildest dreams is you. So, try out the following affirmations to learn how to believe in YOU.
56. I am worthy of my own love and everyone else’s.
57. I am worthy of love.
58. I am worthy of kindness.
59. I am worthy of compassion.
60. I am worthy of having a passionate and loving relationship.
61. I am worthy of living the life I desire.
62. I am worthy of moving forward and letting go of my past.
63. I am worthy of progress and growth.
64. I am worthy of patience from myself and from the people I choose to surround myself with.
65. I am worthy of joy.
I Am Affirmations for Wealth and Success
Affirmations aren’t always about inner strength, beauty, and worthiness. They can also be used to bring material items into your life such as wealth or more tangible things such as a promotion.
If you are dreaming of wealth and success, then this list is designed just for you.
66. I am capable of achieving my financial dreams.
67. I am ready to embrace the success I deserve.
68. I am deserving of success.
69. I am hardworking and passionate about what I do.
70. I am fulfilled by my work.
71. I am the best there is at what I do.
72. I am appreciated for my hard work.
73. I am well compensated for my hard work.
74. I am acquiring more wealth all the time.
75. I am a success.
76. I am growing more successful each passing day.
77. I am making the money I have always dreamt of making.
78. I am grateful to be as successful as I am.
79. I am deserving of the wealth I have created; however, I do not take it for granted.
80. I am generous with my wealth.
81. I am confident in my money-making abilities
82. I am so fortunate to be able to share my wealth with my loved ones.
I Am Morning Affirmations
The affirmations for the morning list was written exclusively to be recited just after waking up before getting your day started. This moment is crucial and often underestimated. Too often we roll out of bed and do our morning tasks half-asleep barely thinking at all. But this time is sacred! It is an opportunity to set the course of your day so that you can live to the absolute fullest.
So, try out this list first thing whether it’s while you’re buttering the toast or instead of singing in the shower, and get that day started right.
83. I am ready to take on the day ahead of me.
84. I am feeling well today.
85. I am well-rested and full of energy.
86. I am going to crush it today.
87. I am sure today will be an excellent day for me.
88. I am energized and excited about all that today has in store.
89. I am looking forward to the events of today.
90. I am grateful to wake up today and have been blessed with another opportunity to live my life to the fullest.
91. I am not holding on to the past, I am embracing this brand-new day.
92. I am prepared for any challenge that I must face today.
I Am Affirmations for Self-Love
We all need to work on our self-love. If we don’t believe in ourselves then why would anybody else? If we don’t love who we are then how would anyone else know how to love us? Self-love is the first step in everything. So, see how the following affirmations can help you on your self-love journey.
93. I am filled with love for myself and that allows me to love others entirely.
94. I am compassionate towards myself.
95. I am ready to embrace self-love.
96. I am overflowing in love for who I am.
97. I am growing each and every day.
98. I am so grateful to be me.
99. I am ready to begin my self-love journey.
100. I am worthy of self-love.
101. I am kind, I am smart, I am good.
102. I am self-confident.
103. I am learning from my past and working towards my future.
I Am Enough Affirmations
Sometimes, we just need to believe that we are enough. Whether this means that we are enough in our work, our relationships, or in an existential, all-encompassing way, it makes no difference. You simply need to believe you are enough just as you are.
104. I am enough because I have tried my best and my best is excellent.
105. I am enough at work.
106. I am enough within my family.
107. I am enough as a brother/sister/sibling.
108. I am enough as a parent.
109. I am enough just as I am.
110. I am enough without needing to change anything about myself.
111. I am enough and I am grateful to be who I am even in the face of adversity.
112. I am enough in my body, spirit, and mind.
I Am Grateful Affirmations
Gratitude is a common affirmation as we often overlook all that we have to be grateful for in our lives. So, give the following I am grateful affirmations a try if you are in search of thankfulness.
113. I am grateful to be alive.
114. I am grateful for another opportunity to try my best today.
115. I am grateful to be here, right now, in this present moment.
116. I am grateful to be living this incredible life.
117. I am grateful for the abilities I have been blessed with.
118. I am grateful to be growing and learning each passing day.
119. I am grateful for all the unique qualities that make me who I am.
120. I am grateful to have all that I have.
121. I am grateful for the people I love in my life.
122. I am grateful to have a strong support network.
123. I am grateful that I know I will always be okay because I trust myself.
124. I am grateful for the progress I make every day.
125. I am grateful for each experience because they make me better.
126. I am grateful for the people around me.
127. I’m grateful for what I’ve become.
128. I am grateful for this day and all the opportunities it will bring.
I Am Loved Affirmations
Our final list of I am affirmations brings all the others together. Believing that you are loved will help you go through life with the self-assurance you need to take on anything that comes your way.
129. I am loved just as I am.
130. I am loved simply for being me.
131. I am loved by those who I love and by myself.
132. I am loved because I am a good person.
133. I am loved because I show others how I should be loved.
134. I am loved because I am worthy of love.
135. I am loved by everyone who enters my life.
136. I am loved because I am brave and courageous.
137. I am loved because I am a positive light in people’s lives.
138. I am loved as I am: for my past, in this present moment and I will be loved in the future.
139. I am loved by many and by all.
140. I am deserving of love.
141. I am valued.
142. I am open to receive love.
143. I am loved more than I ever thought would be possible.
144. I am worthy of all the love I’m getting.
145. I am surrounded by love.
146. I am giving and receiving love everyday.
147. I am lovable.
148. I am open to give and receive love.
149. I am surrounded by love.
150. I am receiving so much love.
We hope that some of these affirmations resonated with you and that you had the opportunity to let their magic shine through. Remember, building a habit of affirming will help keep up the positive momentum and ultimately, propel you into the life you’ve always dreamed of.