As the old saying goes, we don’t choose our family. Familial relationships can be wonderful and incredibly rich, but they can also be challenging. Family relationships take work, and sometimes that work is more cumbersome than others. Affirmations offer a way to conduct some of the bond-building that families need at times to understand each other and to operate from a place of compassion as opposed to resentment or frustration.
These affirmations are divided into categories so you and your family can begin based on where you are in your relationship. Consider what your family needs. Is it forgiveness? Perhaps it’s understanding or empathy? It may simply be love and affection.
If you are new to affirmations, you may wonder how they work and what kind of impact they can have on you and your family. Sure, it may seem strange to speak something out loud that feels generic or vague. But the methodology behind affirmations comes from the law of attraction. What we affirm into the universe comes back to us. Sometimes, we simply need to say things aloud to gain a deeper understanding of what is happening inside our minds and bodies.
How to go about your affirmations? The beautiful part about affirmations is that you can do them for yourself, alone. Or you can do them with your family members as a group exercise. Whichever options suit your family best, we recommend going with.
You may also prefer to do some together and others separately, which is fine as well. When you speak the affirmation, try your best to feel what you are saying and manifest what you truly want out of saying it. Believe in the statement. If the statement does not resonate with you don’t then move on to another. And don’t be afraid to sub in your family member’s name so that each affirmation feels more tangible.
Our final note before you begin your affirmations is that your family is not alone in feeling, at times, dysfunctional or disjointed. Familial relationships, whether they are between you and your siblings or your parents or your aunt and cousin, are foundational in our lives. Developing a healthy mindset is essential to growing together and learning to overcome conflict. These affirmations will help you on that vital path.
Understanding and Empathetic Affirmations
1. I respect my children.
2. My family understands who I am.
3. My family understands where I have been.
4. My family accepts me as I am.
5. I accept my family as they are without wanting to change anything.
6. My children respect me.
7. I believe and trust my children.
8. My children are there for me without me having to ask them to be.
9. My family help me around the house.
10. My family brings me what I need when I am unwell.
11. I take care of my family.
12. I do not judge my family.
13. I wish only the best for my family.
14. My family can overcome any obstacles in our path.
15. My family is there for me when I need them.
16. I desire to watch my family succeed at all they do.
17. I love when my family members smile.
18. I accept that I cannot change a family member’s mood.
19. I am there for my family members when they need help.
20. I can’t always change my family member’s mood.
21. I am patient with my family.
22. I believe they are good in their heart.
23. Though I cannot control their reactions, I can control how I react to them.
24. I am grateful for each and everyone one of my family members.
25. Each member of my family plays an important role in our wonderful family dynamic.
26. I am committed to maintaining a healthy relationship with my family.
27. Sometimes, I will not agree with (insert family member’s name)’s decisions but I will respect them nonetheless.
28. In our family, we lift each other up.
29. In our family, we put each other first.
30. In our family, we are empathetic in all that we do.
31. Family drama is normal, but our family deals with it through communication.
32. I am sensitive to the individuality of each of my family members.
33. My family members are sensitive to the person I am.
34. On hard days, my family is there for me.
35. I always feel better around my family.
36. Our family operates according to the principle: family first.
37. My family is blessed with good health.
38. My family thinks before they speak.
39. It’s okay if my family member wants to be alone sometimes and I will be there when they are ready for company.
40. By listening attentively to my family members, I understand their being.
41. My home is my happy place.
42. I feel good because of my family.
43. My family brings me happiness.
44. Our home is filled with joy and love.
45. My family is the most important thing in my life.
46. My family loves to spend time with each other.
47. My family loves to laugh with each other.
48. My family are my roots.
49. Spending time together with my family allows me to grow and flourish.
50. I make time for my family.
51. Our home is welcoming.
52. Our home is a place of peace.
53. I have such incredible memories with my family.
54. I had such a wonderful childhood and upbringing.
55. I am happy when my family is happy.
56. My family spends quality time together every day.
57. I am building a strong and secure life for my children.
58. My family has a strong bond.
59. My family looks out for each other.
60. My family builds each other up and never tears each other down.
61. Family holidays together are always the best holidays.
62. If I have had a stressful day, my family is my antidote.
63. My family takes turns doing their chores and never complains.
64. In the presence of my family, I am whole.
65. I love my family unconditionally.
66. I empower my children in all that I do.
67. I believe in my children’s abilities.
68. I believe in my parents’ abilities.
69. My family works from a place of positivity.
70. My family brings each other up.
71.My family provide me with a strong foundation in life.
72. My family will always be there for me.
73. My family is so blessed.
74. I will earn good money to support my family well.
75. I praise my children for their accomplishments.
76. I praise my children for simply being alive.
77. I have the best family on the planet.
78. I choose my family members over everyone and anything.
79. My children empower me.
80. I listen to what each family member has to say.
81. I ask my family members how they are doing.
82. I encourage my children to build goals and strive for them.
83. I check in on my family members.
84. My family members check in on me.
85. I look up to my family for guidance.
86. I speak life into every single member of my family.
87. Our family is so blessed with each other.
88. My partner encourages my children to go after their dreams.
89. My family members are not their pasts.
90. I have a great family.
91. I lead by example.
92. I am ready to embrace my family and they are ready to embrace me.
93. I am not my past.
94. I give thanks for all that my family has taught me in my life so far.
95. I love each member of my family for who they are.
96. I understand that my family will make mistakes from time to time.
97. I do not judge my family.
98. I believe my family members are kind human beings.
99. My family operates from a place of gratitude and graciousness.
100. My family is growing together.
101. My family learns from their mistakes.
102. My family does not stay stuck in the past.
103. My family moves forward when it is time to move forward.
104. My family recognizes when to speak and when to listen.
105. I am compassionate towards my family members in all that I do and in all that they do.
106. I put myself in my family member’s shoes daily to understand their perspective.
107. My family has taught me to remain calm in stressful situations.
108. I give thanks to my family for all that they have taught me.
109. My family makes me feel safe no matter the circumstances.
110. I will always be there for my family just as they will always be there for me.
111. I do not take things personally.
112. I go out of my way to make sure each family member knows they are loved.
113. I forgive all the wrongs done to me.
114. My family is my safety net.
115. My family members listen to me.
116. My family does not make rash decisions.
117. My family is calm in the face of pressure.
118. My family members are not afraid to apologize when they have wronged someone.
119. My family fills my life with love.
120. My family loves each other with all of our hearts.
121. My family exercises self-compassion.
122. My family is affectionate.
123. I am so inspired by my family.
124. I am filled with love when I am around my family members.
125. My life is incomplete without each member of my family.
126. My family is the best company there is.
127. My family shows their love for me through their actions.
128. My family affirms their love for me daily.
129. The love I have for my family is all-consuming.
130. Anyone who enters our home can feel the abundant love.
Affirmations for You and Your Partner
131. I trust my partner.
132. My partner and I listen to each other.
133. My partner and I make decisions together.
134. My partner shows me small acts of kindness every day.
135. I love to spend time with my partner.
136. I love to be with my partner alone and with our children.
137. My partner and I have a shared vision for the future.
138. My partner and I truly love each other.
139. My partner and I enjoy spending time with our in-laws.
140. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with my partner.
141. I am my best self around my partner.
142. My partner encourages me to aim higher.
143. My partner is loving.
144. I respect my partner wholeheartedly.
145. My partner makes time for me.
146. I make time to be with my partner.
147. My partner stands up for me.
148. My partner compliments me.
149. I can’t always change my partner’s mood.
150. My partner notices things.
151. My partner is there for me.
152. My partner wants to be with me.
153. My partner loves being in my presence.
154. My partner is kind to me.
155. My partner makes sacrifices for me.
156. My partner and I are very close.
157. My partner knows me better than anyone.
158. I give my partner the space they need to grow.
159. I am true to myself with my partner.
160. I love myself when I am with my partner.
161. My partner and I communicate very well.
162. I am there to catch my partner if they fall.
153. I am so grateful to be sharing my life with this person.
164. I chose the right person.
165. I can’t imagine my life without this person.
166. I do not need a vacation from my partner.
Affirmations for Children/Parent Relationships
167. I love my children for who they are.
168. I am so grateful for my children.
169. My children are kind people.
170. My children look up to me.
171. I am inspired by my children.
172. My children will change the world for the better.
173. My children brought so much joy to my life.
174. I love being around my children.
175. I trust my children’s instincts.
176. My children respect me.
177. I am so looking forward to watching my children grow up.
178. I would do anything for my children.
179. My children would do anything for me.
180. My children add joy to my day.
181. My children are the sunshine in my life.
182. I love waking up and greeting my kids.
183. I strive to be a good example for my children.
184. My children laugh at my jokes.
185. My children make me laugh daily.
186. My children are so happy to have me as their parent.
187. I protect my children.
188. My children feel safe with me.
189. My children trust me.
190. My children come to me with their secrets.
191. My children tell me their good news and bad news.
192. My children are honest and open with me.
193. My children believe I’m a superhero.
194. My children are beautiful inside and out.
195. I hope that all my children’s dreams come true.
196. I am happy to make sacrifices for my children.
197. My children appreciate the sacrifices I make.
198. I am so grateful for all that my parents have provided me with.
199. My children recognize the effort I make for them daily.
200. My children listen to what I have to say.
201. My children are insightful.
202. My children are helpful around the house.
203. I am always looking for opportunities to help my parents.
204. My bond with my dad is precious.
205. I am lucky to have been born into this loving and supportive family.
206. My love for my mom is abundant.
207. I would do anything for my child.
208. I will always choose my child over work.
209. My parents are always there for me when I need them.
210. My parents are my foundation.
211. I know that my parents are always there to catch me if I fall.
212. My parents give me space when I need it.
213. I give my child the room they need to grow and spread their wings.
214. My children know that they can tell me anything.
215. My children and I run ideas by each other.
216. My children and I play together.
217. I feel lighter around my children.
218. I never feel like I need a vacation from my children.
219. I do not ask questions about my parents’ intentions.
220. My kids are best friends.
221. I love being a parent to my kids.
222. Being a parent is the most rewarding job I’ve ever had.
223. My parents taught me how to be kind to others in this world.
224. I learned to value family because of my parents.
225. I would rather be with my children and partner than anybody else.
226. My parents know me inside out.
227. My children never want for anything but appreciate all that they have.
Affirmations for Siblings
228. I am so grateful for my sibling.
229. I love my sibling.
230. (Insert sibling name) is always kind to me.
231. I would do anything for my sibling.
232. My sibling is my built-in best friend.
233. Spending time with my sibling is always the best.
234. I am a good sibling to (insert sibling name).
235. I stand up for my sibling if I see them in any situation that calls for it.
236. I have learned so much from (insert sibling name).
237. My sibling and I love to play together.
238. I do not envy my sibling, I am proud of them.
239. My sibling and I support each other.
240. My sibling and I are not competitive but rather encouraging.
241. I love to see my sibling succeed in their life’s endeavors.
242. I am inspired by my sibling’s way of being.
243. I always go to (insert sibling name) for advice.
244. (Insert sibling name) isn’t afraid to apologize if they have wronged me.
245. I always apologize if I have done something wrong.
246. My sibling(s) and I speak respectfully to one another.
247. Together, (insert sibling name) and I can take on the world.
248. My parents are never concerned to leave my sibling and me on our own.
249. My upbringing with my sibling was wonderful.
250. I enjoy my sibling’s company.
251. My sibling gives me the space I need when I need it.
252. My sibling(s) and I love to laugh with one another.
253. I am so blessed to have these siblings.
254. I can’t imagine my life without (insert sibling name).
255. I know that (insert sibling name) will be there for me every step of the way.
Affirmations for Extended Family Members
256. I appreciate having these family members in my life.
257. I have compassion for my extended family members.
258. My extended family members understand who I am.
259. I do not have to be something that I am not around my extended family members.
260. My family members love me no matter what.
261. I love spending time with my extended family.
262. I love watching my extended family members grow.
263. I wish the very best for my extended family members.
264. I do not interfere with my family’s personal life.
265. My family does not pry.
266. My family is there for me every step of the way.
267. My family treats each other with respect.
268. My family loves to laugh with one another.
269. I love the wisdom I receive from my elders.
270. I learned so much from my extended family.
271. I won the extended family jackpot.
272. I can’t change people.
273. I feel supported by my family.
274. I can give my family financial and emotional support.
275. I feel great vibes around my extended family.
276. I am on good terms with each member of my family.
277. I never force things upon my family members.
278. My family members are gracious towards me.
279. My family members respect boundaries.
280. My family-in-law loves me.
281. I love my family-in-law.
282. I only think positive thoughts towards my family-in-law.
283. I cherish spending time with my family-in-law.
284. I am the glue that holds my family together so well.
285. Every member of my extended family is thriving.
286. My extended family makes sure to carve out time for each other.
287. My extended family always calls on my immediate family members’ birthdays.
288. I have only good emotions towards my family-in-law.
289. My family is so proud of all I have accomplished in my life.
290. My family gives me advice when I ask for it but never offers unsolicited advice.
Familial tension is normal. Every family has it but it’s the families who deal with it through healthy communication that are often the ones who flourish. Strong relationships are built on listening to each other and working through things rather than shoving them under the rug.
Don’t take these affirmations all at once. Start with a few and see how they feel. Be sure to share and comment on your family’s experience.