The topics of self-confidence and self-worth have grown increasingly common as of late. Whether you have seen your favorite celebrity discuss confidence, watched a profound Ted talk on its importance, or read the latest pop psychology book on how to achieve it, you are undoubtedly aware of how fundamental self-confidence is.
Believing in oneself holds unrivaled power. True confidence and self-worth build a foundation in one’s life that simply cannot be broken. This is because self-worth is not founded on certain characteristics or successes, it is found in simply existing as the incredible individual you are. The power in that is truly unparalleled.
It is no secret that the first step in any endeavor is believing in yourself. Now, sometimes self-confidence is easier than others. If you’ve gone through a tough moment or are trying something new, for instance, having that belief in yourself can be tricky. In these moments, confidence affirmations can be exceptionally effective.
The adage, “fake it until you make it” rings true with self-worth affirmations. Speak these into existence; speak this self-worth mentality into your life even if you don’t believe in it at first.
If you are new to affirmations, you can start from the top and work your way down. You may feel they are most effective if you say them while looking at yourself in a mirror or maybe with your eyes closed however, there is no exact recipe. If you can resonate with what you are saying while you make your morning coffee then, by all means, that is your power!
Speak these affirmations once, twice, or as many times as feels right for you and build the strong foundation that will carry you anywhere you wish to go in life.
Where Should I Begin?
We’ve included affirmations that are designed to focus on confidence and self-worth. The first list will zero in on the former while the second will harness the power of the latter. After those, you will find a list of affirmations for self-compassion which is a vital ingredient in anyone’s confidence journey.
Following self-compassion, you will find a list for letting go of the past and embracing self-acceptance.
Begin at the section or line that rings most true to you.
Affirmations for Confidence
1. I believe in myself.
2. I am confident in who I am.
3. I am strong.
4. I am resilient.
5. I am beautiful.
6. I can do anything I want to do.
7. I can face any obstacle with grace.
8. Challenges are opportunities for me.
9. My fears and concerns are fuel for my progress.
10. I am a great person.
11. I am filled with abundance.
12. I am truly grateful for who I am.
13. I will be successful in all that I do.
14. Everything that I need to flourish is within me in this present moment.
15. I am able to leave my comfort zone.
16. I am not afraid.
17. I am ready to take on the world today.
18. I will make a difference in this world.
19. I am important.
20. I am intelligent.
21. I am kind.
22. My potential is abundant.
23. I am impressive.
24. I believe I can do anything I set my mind to.
Affirmations for Self-Worth
25. I attract good people because I am a good person.
26. I do not need to stay in situations that no longer serve me.
27. I deserve the very best.
28. I welcome joy.
29. I am worthy of love.
30. I am enough.
31. I believe in myself.
32. I respect myself.
33. I admire the person I have been, that I am and that I am becoming.
34. I look at myself with compassion.
35. I love myself more each day.
36. Loving myself comes naturally to me.
37. I do my best and that is enough.
38. I know I can do anything.
39. I am always growing and learning.
40. All I need is my authentic self.
41. I am centered by my deep sense of self-worth.
42. I am capable of absolutely anything.
43. I have endless room for love.
44. I am a light in the darkness for others because of my self-worth.
45. My self-worth is growing stronger each and every day.
46. I stand for myself.
47. I am all I need.
Affirmations for Self-Compassion
48. I love myself for simply existing.
49. I am proud of myself for being me.
50. I am grateful for being alive.
51. I love the person I am and the person I used to be and the person I will become.
52. I have all the tools to prosper within me right now.
53. I do not need to be anyone but who I truly am.
54. I know myself.
55. I can bloom wherever I am planted.
56. I know who I am.
57. I am allowed to grow and change.
58. I do not need to stay in a certain mindset.
59. My imperfections make me who I am.
60. I love my flaws.
61. I deserve to love myself.
62. I deserve to embrace who I am.
63. I hold the keys to my abundance.
64. I accept all that I am.
65. The support I seek is within me.
66. The power I seek is within me.
67. I carry infinite self-compassion.
68. I am kind to myself.
69. The only person who can hold me back is me and I will no longer hold myself back.
70. I am at peace with myself.
Affirmations to Relinquish the Past and Grow Into Self-Acceptance
71. I am not afraid anymore.
72. I allow myself room to grow.
73. I am free of anything I used to be or do.
74. The life ahead of me is a blank canvas for which I can do anything.
75. I am not a product of my past self.
76. I did the best with what I had at the time.
77. I am here in this present moment for a reason.
78. My past experience has allowed me to become the person I am today.
79. I let go of my insecurities.
80. I let go of that which no longer serves me.
81. I forgive myself.
82. I allow myself space to grow and prosper.
83. I am grateful for the path that has brought me here today.
84. Today is a new day for me to flourish.
85. The world is my oyster.
86. I believe in the decisions I have made and that I will continue to make moving forward.
87. I know what is good and what is right for me.
88. I do not want to change anything about who I am.
89. I love myself entirely.
90. I give myself permission to flourish.
This list will get you started on your life-long self-love journey. Remember that affirmations harness the power of attraction and the more you resonate with what you’re saying and truly let it manifest within you while you speak it, the better it will work.
We recommend bolstering these affirmations with some other activities such as writing down three things you are grateful for in your life at the end of the day. We urge you to include one item in this gratitude list that has to do with you. What are you grateful for within yourself? Maybe it’s your keen work ethic, your ability to show up for your friend or for simply existing as your unique self, whichever reason, write it down or speak it into the universe and remember that any type of love is strengthened by self-love.